Thanks to the wifey, I have some new pics of my recent FOs and WIPs. So, on with the pretty!
Here’s an updated, accurately colored, look at my Old Shale kid’s blanket:
I started working on this again a couple of days ago as I finally got the last of the yarn in that I needed. I’ve knitted up a total of about 7.5 skeins and I have around 2.5 left to go.
Here’s a comparison of the two Flower Washcloths I made with slightly different finishing techniques. The first photo is the one I whip stitched and the second is the one I Kitchener stitched:
On the first photo, the seam is around 8-9 o’clock. On the second the seam is…not really sure where!
Here’s a look at my third go at the same pattern. This one will be a dishcloth:
The color in the first photo is probably the most accurate. The other two are a lot pinker than the actual thing. I used the same Cherry Pie Dishcloth pattern with the following mods:
- used a provisional cast on
- omitted last half of the final row 10 so that the stitches would line up correctly for grafting
- used Kitchener stitch to graft edges
- made 8 “slices” instead of 7–the gauge of this one turned out so that the extra one was needed for it to lie flat
I really like this pattern and will probably make it many times–at least until my kitchen cotton stash runs out!
So, for now, the Old Shale blanket is the only thing I have on the needles. I still have some things that need finishing/ends woven in, but nothing else that I’m actively knitting. I really want to power through the blanket and get it finished. I’m starting to feel like it’s hanging over my head a bit and I don’t want to cast on another main project until it’s done. But, once it is done, I have plenty of stuff simmering on the back burner!
Photo credit: all photos in this post except the first Flower Washcloth photo and the first Cherry Pie Dishcloth photo were taken by the wifey.