Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Blogs I am nominating:
- Knit Equals Joy: Thoughts about the creative process and all that is good in our knitterly lives
- Duck and Cover: Misadventures in Knitting and Writing
- Nightowl Knit & Crochet: Adventures in Yarn, Crafting, Cooking, Family, and Life
- Wolfberry Knits: Adventures in Creativity
- Fogknits: Compulsive Knitting from the Heart of San Francisco
- Project(s) in Progress
- Welfordpurls: Wife.mother.daughter.knitter.handspinner
- Geekette Palette
- Spin a Yarn: Yarn hoarder…accessories fanatic…lover of all things creative
Eleven questions for me to answer:
- What is your dream vacation? I would love to go to Iceland.
- What is your favorite method of creating (knitting, crocheting, weaving, something else)? Knitting, without a doubt. I’ve never been a crocheter and have done very little weaving. I’ve done a tiny amount of spinning and enjoyed it, but the sheer amount of time involved to go from fiber to product is something I find daunting. I’ve done a fair bit of sewing over the years but nothing recently.
- What creative achievement are you most proud of? I think just knitting in general. I love the process of turning raw materials into something useful and beautiful.
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be? Healing.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? First, waking up naturally and having coffee by the Weeki Wachee River in Florida. Then, plenty of relaxation and spending time with my family. There would be knitting, amazing food, no work, and some killer thrift store finds. At the end, there would be very good beer.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? I would witness the end of racism and sexism in the US.
- How did you get into the blogging world? I’ve been a blog reader off and on for a long time. I used to follow a number of nursing and medical blogs, but I eventually got tired of reading about the issues I encounter at my job all the time. I started this blog because I’ve picked up knitting after a long break and found that the people I’m in contact with on a daily basis, not being knitters, really didn’t need to listen to all I have to say on the subject 🙂 I also wanted to have a place to talk about depression and how it has impacted my life, along with the role knitting has played in my mood and recovery.
- If money wasn’t an issue, where in the world would you live? Probably Canada. I always thought I would end up living in Europe, but it never happened.
- What is your favorite show and why? If I have to choose one, I would say The X Files. When it first started, it was so new and compelling. It really paved the way for a whole new genre, and in my opinion, has yet to be surpassed.
- If you could recommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what would it be? The Grand Canyon. I’ve actually never been, but would like to go some day.
- Do you have pets? If so, please post a photo! If not, what pet would you like to have if time, money, allergies didn’t come into play? I have two stripey kitties who occasionally wreak havoc with my yarn.
(photo credit for both cat pics goes to the wifey)
The handsome stripey on the left, looking very possessive of “his” bed, is Sammy. The dashing stripey on the right, challenging someone to a game of Candy Land, is Oliver Blue, aka Kitten Man.
Lastly, questions for my nominees to answer:
- Are you a crafter? What’s your poison?
- What is your favorite color combination?
- How did you get into crafting?
- What is a random fact about you that would surprise others?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite blog post (that you’ve written)?
- If you could only read one crafting blog, which would you choose?
- Roller coasters–for or against?
- What is your favorite beverage?
- If money was no issue, where would you like to travel?
- Pets? Pics?
Disclaimer: Please feel free to participate as much or as little as you like–it’s all for fun, right?