A few posts ago, I participated in the Liebster award process. Two very sweet bloggers nominated me back and I have not yet gotten around to answering their questions. Since I already did the whole process, I’m not going to nominate any new ones, but I do want to answer the questions. I’ve had such a good time reading other people’s answers and learning more about them!
- You’ve been sentenced to time on a deserted island, what is the one project you take with you? Ideally something practical that could allow my escape. If not, I’d take a never ending supply of “yarn” and size 0000 needles to make mosquito netting.
- When was the last time the phrase “I regret nothing!” popped into your head? Probably the last time I bought a ridiculous amount of yarn. Might have been today!
- Fog: for or against? I love fog. I think it is beautiful. I especially love it when I have the luxury of observing it and not driving in it.
- What’s your go-to fiber if you are a crafter? Gerund if you are a writer, and if you’re both answer using your favorite conjunctive adverb. Right now, lots of merino superwash. I always love cotton, though.
- What is one word you wished would make a come-back? I don’t know why “gnarly” is the only thing coming to me, but I’m going to go with it.
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing before your very first project, what would it be? “Oh sweetie, I know you think you’re going to like that lacy scarf made out of black sport weight acrylic with silver sparkles. I know you don’t think it looks hideous and busy. Take it from future you: it’s not going to work out!”
- Is there a color you won’t work with? In short, no. I think pretty much any color can be redeemable in the right context. I like off beat color combinations and interesting contrasts.
- You are rushing off to work, open the door, and there is a huge box of yarn at your door. What do you do? Squee and then toss it in the house. If I’m late for work much more, I won’t have the funds to buy more yarn!
- Favorite game. Do jigsaw puzzles count?
- You can teleport for one day – where are you off to first? Just one day? That is really hard. I love traveling but I like to have lots of low key time to settle into a new place, get the rhythm and relax. I guess for one day I’d choose somewhere that would otherwise be a lengthy or difficult trip: Sri Lanka, Thailand, Antarctica, something like that.
Here are the questions Carol at knit equals joy asked:
- Are you a crafter, artist or photographer? What’s your poison? Crafter. I’m primarily a knitter but have dabbled in sewing and a little spinning.
- What is your favorite color combination? I love the shock of a great orange or acid yellow combined with eggplant or teal–that kind of thing.
- How did you get into crafting (or your passion)? I learned to knit when I was around seven. I learned partially from my mom and partially from reading instruction booklets. I always seemed to like crafty things as a kid–latch hook rugs, cross stitch, macrame bracelets, beading, sewing. Knitting is the one that has stuck the most.
- What is a random fact about you that would surprise others? I earned a black belt in karate several years ago.
- What’s your favorite blog post (that you’ve written)? Maybe this one about my knitting bad-assery.
- If you could only read one blog, which would you choose? TECHknitter. A million resources plus a lot of interesting stuff.
- Roller coasters–for or against? I think they’re pretty fun.
- What is your favorite beverage? Coffee. And beer. And wine. But mostly coffee.
- If money was no issue, where would you like to travel? If money was no issue, everywhere! But particularly Iceland, Hawaii, lots of Canada, back to France, the Galapagos, South America, Asia…
Thanks for the re-nominations!