My intarsia woes are over, at least for now! Today I finished the last of my commission* piece. I can’t seem to get any decent pics of it, but I’m going to go ahead and share it here anyway while I have a moment.
Let me say first off that I had some serious limitations with this project. As I mentioned previously, the stocking needed to match one already made in pattern, size and detail as much as possible. So, I pretty much had to use Red Heart Super Saver and knit at a very loose gauge since the other stocking is enormous. The pattern isn’t one I would have chosen for either aesthetics or construction and, given the chance, I would certainly have added some post-knitting embellishments. Given all that, I’m very happy with my work!
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver. I used 109 yards of Cherry Red, 98 yards of Aran and 116 yards of Hunter Green. Those totals include yarn used to make two small pompoms.
Size made: Extra giant via large needles
Techniques used: Intarsia! And duplicate stitch, pompom making, and somehow turning a heel on a sock knitted flat.
This project has inspired me to want to make stockings for my family for next year!
*I use the word “commission” pretty loosely here. It was at least half favor.